Monday, October 8, 2012

#55 - Journal Strips

To all the Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving to you all. May you feel especially blessed today.

I use a lot of journal stips and/or word strips on my projects. I just love the look of it. For me, it just makes the journaling into more of a design feature. So, my challenge this week is to use either journal or word strips on you project.

On this layout, I put strips of white-core cardstock through my dymo labeller and then used my sanding tool to sand the raised bits to reveal the white underneath. It's a much cheaper alternative to buying dymo tapes, and you can match the colours to your project.



I hope you can join us in this challenge. Don't forget to come back and link your project up here with Mr. Linky below. We can't wait to see your projects.

And now, here's what the other Creative Team Members have come up with:

Lynne
HI everyone.  I am a little late to the 'party' this week.  I am still getting settled in from my road trip vacation so here is an 'oldie but goodie' from my stash.  



Joy
I cut up some words into little strips for this canvas project.
It says 'she loved her life and the ones in it'.



Bronwyn

Almost all of my layouts use journalling strips.  I love how you can fit them in anywhere!
Her is a double page LO of the family visiting Riverdale Farm in Toronto in the summer.  








3 comments:

Anita Scroggins said...

Always love the challenges on the site! Thanks so much.

Jayne said...

Always love journal strips, great challenge!

Unknown said...

I sometimes forget to add journaling strips. They were a great way to fill up empty space and bring some color to an area I wanted it. As well as help me tell my story even more.