Monday, May 6, 2013

#83 - Texturize


Welcome to a new week and a new challenge here on the Use Your Stuff Blog.
I've been having a lot of fun lately, playing with texture paste, so I thought it would be fun to see how everyone else can add texture to their project. So, the challenge this week is to add texture to your page, card, or altered project. In my sample, I used the Martha Stewart Texture Effects along with my reverse chicken wire template. On that I ran my inked sponge to pick up some colour, and then sprayed with my mists. I also added texture with some mesh ribbon and rippling a word strip. There's lots of ways to texturize.

So, let's see how you add texture. Don't forget to come back here to link up your project. We'd love to see it.






Milena
I had a lot of fun with this. Using texture on a page way out of my comfort zone. I used Liquitex Transparent Texture Gel with Glass Beads and a bit of mist to create the circle behind the photo, on the bottom of the tag and in the upper right corner of the page. It was a lot of fun!!




Lynne
This is so far out of my comfort zone, as I have no texture gel or anything similar.  
I enjoyed it the challenge though, and used what I had on hand,ribbons, rick rack, bling twine and mesh.   
I hope you like how this turned out as much as I did creating the layout.  



Joy








3 comments:

Chris said...

Great samples - so glad I found your blog via Feline Playfuls. I'll be back!

Unknown said...

These are all great layouts, but I just wanted to stop in and say that I think the one from Lynne is the best I've ever seen. I just adore the sea themed background and it doesnt take away from the photo at all, but adds something beautiful. Couldn't find a link to your blog Lynne, but well done! Maddy x

Sharon said...

Wow way to go with the texture effect! Love what it does to your layout Barb!