Monday, November 4, 2013

Challenge #108 - How do you stencil?

Happy New Week to you, it's Julie here with a fun challenge for you to try.
Stencils are such versatile tools for adding detail and changing and mixing things up a little.
 I'm asking you to put those stencils to work.

Don't have any stencils? 
It just might surprise you!


Isbaha

I decided to use my stencil in a different way to get this blurred effect.
This is my first page for my december journal !



Amanda

I have some stencils but decided it would be fun to make one. I cut a design out on my Cricut and then used it as a stencil to create the design for my background.



Lynne
I have recently discovered stencils.  Oh, I knew about them, but I have never really used them.  When I saw this challenge posted, I was thrilled.  My only decision was WHICH stencil to use.  So I grabbed my newest one and grabbed my mists and made my background. 
 I used another to make the scallops around the edge.  I am loving my new passion. 


Barb

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling very inspired by the Creative Team's examples.
I used the Reverse Chicken Wire template and my Texture Effects by Martha Stewart on my layout. I just love the effect that the Texture Effects give on a project.




7 comments:

Isbaha said...

Love the rainbow effect on Lynne layout ! Comments on your blogs for the others. ;)

Doreen Vasquez said...

OOhhhh great challenge!
I know i have stencils buried away in my scrap room! Hoping I have time to create something for this!
:0)

Doreen Vasquez said...

AM I just missing it or is there not a place to link up or "Stencil" projects?

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Thanks Barb, Lynne and Amanda for your terrific take on stencilling. It adds such wonderful visual interest and texture to our art doesn't it?

Lynne said...

Doreen,
Look on the bottom left after Barb's example. There is a link there. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh wow!
Totally missed it!
LOL!
Thanks for pointing it out!
:0)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.